Truths I Have Learned
I have been involved in the game of golf for nearly 50 years. I got started when I got hit in the eye with a baseball bat and decided to spend time playing a safer sport. Along the way I have learned many things about people and this UBER ADDITIVE GAME called golf. Here is a short list of what I have learned:
- Golf is a difficult game to learn and impossible to MASTER (think…. golf is hard).
- Golf is a game for a lifetime because you can play for a lifetime and it takes a lifetime to learn.
- Golf is more fun when you are good.
- When you are trying to achieve a goal, EVERYTHING MATTERS.
- Improvement results from enjoying what you are doing, not the other way around.
- Feel and Real in your golf swing are different.
- Fundamentally solid golf swings age better than those that rely on compensations.
- Golf, like LIFE, is not always fair. Accept it.
- FAILURE IS AN IMPORTANT STEP TO SUCCESS.
- Great golfers are made not born that way.
- PASSION and COMITTMENT almost always trump RAW TALENT.
- Very few things are achieved in life without help from others.
- The joy you get from helping others far outshines the joy you receive from helping yourself.